- First and most important: I finished school!. I now have a Masters of Computer Engineering to go with my Masters of Computer Science - Software Engineering. And I did it with straight A's! You really don't have to worry that I'll have too much time on my hands now. Just about everyone is coming up with ways for me to fill my time - but, I've already figured out how to occupy it. :-)
- I knit a tiny little Odd Fellow:
He's from Jess Hutchison's toy book. I'm not sure if it is the size or my knitting, but I decided that I prefer the look of seamed toys. That's likely because my finishing skills are much better than my knitting in the round skills. I'm still at the stage where I use purling to even out my tension.
- I've spent a lot of time researching dogs. My graduation/Christmas gift to myself is a puppy. I've wanted one for a long time know. And now that I'm at out of school, I have time to occupy. (See, I told you I figured out what to do about the pesky free time ;-) )
- I went to a dog show in Pueblo with Anne. I really had a good time there. Initially, my purpose in going was to look at a lot of different breeds, but by the time I got there, I really had made a decision. So, I spent the day with Anne and her friend T learning about Sammies and also how dog shows work. It was quieter than I thought it would be and a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
- Hosted Thanksgiving again. This year was just my parents, my brother, my niece and me. Nice and small. I put the turkey in the oven and was getting ready to peel potatoes/sweet potatoes when my family showed up with the rest of the food. My mom helped with the rest of the meal and we had a wonderful day. (Except the guys won both games of Pinochle. Normally, my mom and I can get a win in there.)
- Spent a wonderful day with Anne and Kelly's puppies. Played with each puppy except Yellow - she was shy. I used to have a favorite, but I don't anymore. They were so cute! Several had personalities that really stood out to me.
- Began work on another stuffed animal. This time, it is the Clownfish from World of Knitted Toys. This book is quickly becoming my favorite. (Yes, yes, I know, I have to get my mom's bear done. I'll get to it...I promise!)
Clownfish just needs the rest of his fins and a face added and he'll be complete. He was a pretty quick knit. (I've only worked on him at two knit group meetings so far.)
- Made ornaments for an ornament exchange:
I guess they aren't super Christmasy, but I really liked the papers I used. (The cranes are made out of a painted cloth paper. The paper feels wonderful and the texture is fun, so the price is worth it.)
It's a safe outlet for my love of Origami. Several years ago, I used to have a few laundry baskets full of origami objects. I've got rid of those, but now I have a stack of origami paper six inches high. I could use a lot of it in modular origami, but that requires making the same thing over and over again a dozen or several dozen times and we all know that my attention span isn't exactly long!
Popping back in...
Next Project: Detangle! AKA: Don't let the dog get the mail... I got this really pretty yarn in the mail exactly six…
Quick update. No pictures, sorry! It's been a hectic couple of months here. Highlights: Winter has now been in six show weekends and has done…
Yet another month has flown by. Winter was six months old on the 22nd of April. We went to a puppy match. He was an idiot there but had fun. We’re…