Brie (brieza) wrote,
Brie
brieza

  • Mood:

Almost done with Oliver

Oliver's almost done! My seaming is much better this time around, especially my ladder stitch. It is much harder to determine where I sewed up the various parts after seaming. I had yarn issues, but will go into them later.

Oliver needing only his vest buttons in order to be complete:

Oliver


Specifics on George:
Size 10 needles (10.5 for the jacket); Yarns used: Lionbrand Homespun in Rococo (body), Lionbrand Homespun in Cobalt (jacket), old generic off white yarn (seaming), Caron Simply Soft Brights in Berry Blue (seaming), Lion Brand Microspun in Ebony (embroidery), Red Heart Super Saver in Black (nose); Eyes are 12mm animal eyes.

The hardest part of this bear was his nose, but also the random gauge issues also gave me problems. The nose is a slightly better size than George's.

Here are George and Oliver together for a size comparison. While George can actually stand unassisted, Oliver cannot (Oliver's legs are a bit floppy. Oops. His legs are also tiny compared to his body, but that is how the pattern is written.).

Oliver and George
Tags: knitting, teddy bear
Subscribe

  • Oops...

    Next Project: Detangle! AKA: Don't let the dog get the mail... I got this really pretty yarn in the mail exactly six…

  • Quick update

    Quick update. No pictures, sorry! It's been a hectic couple of months here. Highlights: Winter has now been in six show weekends and has done…

  • (no subject)

    Yet another month has flown by. Winter was six months old on the 22nd of April. We went to a puppy match. He was an idiot there but had fun. We’re…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment