This was kind of difficult for me. I've never picked up stitches before and the tutorials I found were a bit confusing. Also most deal with simply picking up a bunch and then coming back to deal with them. As far as I could tell, this pattern needed them either knit or purled as they were picked up. I ended up using a crochet hook to grab loops of yarn and then purling/knitting off the back end of the crochet hook. It seemed to work, but I think I'll have one of the girls at KWA tomorrow see if it looks right. Other area that I seem to have had problems with were the color changes - some them look very oddly skewed. And finally, the first corner looks like it wants to squish in on itself. (Though that is also where I had my first color change.) One of my idiosyncrasies is that when I changing colors, no matter how hard I try not to, I tend to knit for a while with the short end of the yarn, have to undo it and then figure out the long end. Some of the oddities with the color change may come from me accidentally twisting the yarn when I do this.
Entrelac looks neat, but I'm not sure how well I like it at this point. The picking up of stitches took forever and there are a million ends to weave in. Mini-mini Danica and Oliver together have exactly 40 ends that I need to weave in at this point. I've decided that I don't want to sew Oliver up with the Homespun, so I can't save a step here like I did with George.
Stats on Mini-mini Danica: size 7 needles & F crochet hook; Yarns: Caron Perfect Match in Mixed Green Ombre, Red Heart SuperSaver in White and Red Heart SuperSaver Multicolor in Stars and Stripes. 100% Acrylic